- 1.00 Box vanilla wafers
- 4.00 tb Flour
- 0.50 c Sugar
- 0.25 ts Salt
- 1.00 lb Bananas (3-4) large
- 2.00 c Scalded milk
- 2.00 Eggs (separated)
- 0.50 ts Vanilla
- 0.25 c Sugar for meringue
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in top of double boiler; slowly stir hot milk and cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Stir a little bit of hot mixture into beaten egg yolks, pour back into double boiler, cook about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and cool until just warm.
- Alternate layers of vanilla wafers, sliced bananas an pudding in a baking dish.
- Beat 2 egg whites until stiff.
- Pile lightl pudding.
- Bake in hot (400F) oven about 8 minutes or until golden brow
recipe exchange, jacksons, wafer, recipes, vanilla, Other, pudding, cooking tips, cook, cookbook, Jacksons Vanilla Wafer Banana Pudding, recipe, banana, cooking